44th Parliament

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

jimkenney12

Tomorrow parliament meets to elect a speaker. I suspect the throne speech on Monday will be mostly aspirational with just enough hard proposals to provoke the Conservatives and give Jagmeet some reasons to be supportive.

Mendalla

Agnostic pan(en)theist gorilla
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Tomorrow parliament meets to elect a speaker. I suspect the throne speech on Monday will be mostly aspirational with just enough hard proposals to provoke the Conservatives and give Jagmeet some reasons to be supportive.
Throne speech is actually on Tuesday.

I am hearing that the big battle this week may be over whether to continue a hybrid model for Parliament. The Conservatives and BQ want everyone in person but the Liberals, NDP, and Green want to continue the hybrid model they have been using so MPs who have to quarantine or who are not vaccinated can participate remotely.

Then they can get into actual policies.

jimkenney12

I meant to write Tuesday. Brain short. If Parliament is going to serve the country we are now, hybrid is the only model that makes sense. In person only for most applications is going the way of the Giant Sloth or the Golden Frog.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
I think hybrid model makes sense long term. If locsl things are happening they can be in the riding while still representing nationally. I think it could have happened before this, it's sad that it took a pandemic to initiate changes.