3...2...1...legal

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

It's legal here for people to grow their own, several plants. Not sure the exact number.

Technically the only way to buy it legally for recreational use - including seeds - in BC right now is to order it through the BC government website or to go to the one store in Kamloops. Which is ironically funny because we have the most pot smokers here than anywhere else and stores have been in business for years. Until more retail licenses are granted, which might be another month, the police here said nothing much will change and not much action will be taken. So, not a whole lot has changed. But a person can possess up to 1000 grams (I'll have to fact check that but the number is high) for personal use or something crazy like that. But buying it legally is limited right now.

Last edited:
I had a chuckle when I saw a map graphic for the # of retail stores in the various provinces - BC just 1; Newfoundland & Labrador leading the pack with 24! Ontario where we have a premier who was a known drug dealer in high school - zero!!
19 in province, more than half in or near this city. Plus one online.

I know there are places, medical marijuana "clinics", that look like medical clinics, where all it took to get it was to pay a fee to a visiting dr who would hear the patients' complaints and prescribe it for just about anything. So tons of people were already walking around smoking it everywhere anyway.

Bette's observation doesn't apply here. The rebels smoke joints, the partiers smoke bongs, the fashionable use pretty little glass pipes, and vapers just like vaping. Whether it was strictly medicinal or because they enjoyed it...it was probably both for most people. I don't want to get high and I know people who really shouldn't get high. I wonder how much latent mental illness/ acute psychosis it will trigger in people who may be susceptible who smoke it for the first time, legally?

Last edited:

Apparently you have to be 18 to watch this. Might be removed.

It is legal to purchase weed and make your own edibles. Making cannabutter is a simple process. However, quite honestly, the price of the stuff you're buying at the Cannabis Store is so high as to make edibles from that pretty cost-prohibitive. I make a simple fairly consistent cookie (1/2 a cookie makes sure almost anyone has a pleasant night's sleep without any particular feeling of 'intoxication'), but I'm not using commercial cannabis flowers, but rather "trim" from trimming the small crystall-y leaves off buds before smoking/vaping them. I also use leftover vaped material for the same purpose.

I believe it's also legal to share cookies, but not sell, in the same way that my Italian gf shares homemade wine. We trade wine for cookies actually.

Mmmmm. I've mixed oil (Jacob's Tears) with melted Lindt chili chocolate for my brother when he was ill. I don't suggest this without understanding dosages though. You can get nauseous and immobile from an overdose quite easily.

The whole thing is a bit stupid. I grow some, but it's outdoor, and not great stuff. I buy treats from BC.

Growing outside adds some complexity; unless there's no hemp farm within bee distance from one's plants, and the unlikely assumption that all of your stealth growing neighbours have elected to grow from female clones or purchased feminized seeds, the almost inevitable result of a few gens of outside growing is large crops of 12' tall "seed-y weed-y"...makes awesome healing salve and sleeping cookies.

For those who haven't figured it out, it's a hugely successful almost weed here. As long as there's someone/a few friendly folk helping to spread a few seeds, it will be fairly shortly fairly ubiquitous...

It is said that John wore a band of hemp around his waist to fight off drudgery ... especially of that imposed by the slave driven types to control the populace and their thoughts about death would come soon enough! Especially with the tyrannic conditions of Roman Brutis ... was this Jute or Jude'n ... misapprehension of Latin over the older icons of Greek and Hebrew forms ?

Thus furthering chaos ...

2:1 CBD to THC, at not too high doses, is okay. If you are of legal age in your province. Or so I’ve heard, anyway. :barefoot:But do your own research, don’t drive, and mind whatever conditions you may have that might be contraindicated, first. Too little and (I’ve heard ;)) it’s not even worth bothering with. Too much, you might turn into a wet noodle, and your knees might buckle under you.

Last edited:
I was against it for a long time...and had a negative bias...because I spent so much time watching over people who really can’t handle it and probably shouldn’t have it at all, which made my experience of it mostly negative. But I don’t have that concern in my life now, and even my doctor is okay with it. (I’ve heard) it’s relaxing, pain relieving, and picks up one’s mood a bit...when appropriate, and in moderation.

Thus Juđe'n power goes on to deprive the powers of anything of deeper information ... multi tiered myths ...

Back