3...2...1...legal

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

ninj

Pronouns
She/Her/Her
As of midnight tonight, cannabis will be legal in Canada. Depending on which province you live in, the rules are different, but like it or not, it's here.

For some of us, it's unbelievable it's taken so long; but for others it should never have happened. I expect most are in some way ambivalent and adopting a "wait and see" stance.

So....Happy Dance? Meh? Too Soon? Never?

I wonder if the website will crash!!!

With a bunch of unthought out highs ... will there be a crash? Sunday Morning coming down after the demands of the Hebrew Seder ... TGFN* passed?

*Thank God for Friday Night nothings ... in the dark even ... double vacancy if both lost all thoughts ...

I just don't understand what routes have been legalized and which have not. Why encourage more smoking? Other than the smoke aspect I don't really care. I do hope there is better research. There's too much pseudoscience related to cannabinoids.

I just don't understand what routes have been legalized and which have not. Why encourage more smoking? Other than the smoke aspect I don't really care. I do hope there is better research. There's too much pseudoscience related to cannabinoids.

Wouldn't that just brown some folks off into imagining another way of imbibing ... resins ... like in trees that are as psycho active as a dragon supported in amber ...

Is that consequential as the POTUS and claims made about the First Amendment?

A sign of lack of information and intellectualism? It may be communicative ...

Couldn't agree with you more. The approach has been extremely ill-conceived in that the focus for legalization is on combustibles (smoke) and edibles, keeping vape products (non-combustible) illegal.
Granted, the verdict isn't in about vapourizing cannabis, but it's much less offensive in terms of odour and particulate matter.

I really dislike smoke.

Why cannabis vape pens and concentrates will not be allowed for recreational marijuana | CBC News

I am in favour of legalization generally but agree that there definitely needs to be refinement. I imagine that will happen with time and experience assuming the Libs stay in power. Less sure about the Cons, who might be more inclined to back out as much as they can.

That said, I am currently on the other side of the 49th so won't experience our wonderful new world of legal pot until the weekend.

Wouldn't that just brown some folks off into imagining another way of imbibing ... resins ... like in trees that are as psycho active as a dragon supported in amber ...

Yes, and that's preferable. It remains a choice and doesn't cause people to be harmed by the substance if they choose not to participate. With 2nd and 3rd hand smoke there's often little choice.

Does it sound like the chief administrator ... who say if the system fails ... it is not his fault ... even if he is in control?

Such is control fallacy ... non existent? Imagine that witch is out there ...

Flat chested?

Ultimately ... it is said to amount to distance ... creating the spatial consequence ... few understand as it is subtle!

Just in time,Halifax created a bylaw to ban smoking of anything in the public except for designated areas. I hope the suicide rate of smokers will not increase.
Well, actually, as much as I do enjoy a completely smoke free environment, I think they went over the top and will not be able to enforce it.

Just in time,Halifax created a bylaw to ban smoking of anything in the public except for designated areas. I hope the suicide rate of smokers will not increase.
Well, actually, as much as I do enjoy a completely smoke free environment, I think they went over the top and will not be able to enforce it.
U of A I think did a good thing - specific areas on campus allowed, with consideration to those living in rez (while not being able to smoke inside). I wish this applied to all types of smoke!

I smell it downtown everyday already and have for years. Decades. When I was in Vancouver also. I don’t mind the smell...I just don’t want to be so close to it I get a contact high. It’s not going to change much here except for I think first time users might get too high and there will be more visits to the ER in the early part of this.

Most of the young people of my acquaintance, particularly those who don't smoke tobacco, prefer to vape. Often just flower, not extracts or shatter, although there are vape pens with interchangeable "barrels" for vaping dry herb, oil/extract, or shatter. The very best vaping units allow you to adjust the temperature at which the material vapes, which effects everything from the exact high feeling (cerebral versus physical), to the number of vapes you get from a gram, to the smokiness of the result (as you approach the burning point, you get more of a smoky effect).

Another indication of age: the youngest vape, the millennials use bongs, early boomers use glass pipes, and old boomers smoke joints.

Most of the young people of my acquaintance, particularly those who don't smoke tobacco, prefer to vape. Often just flower, not extracts or shatter, although there are vape pens with interchangeable "barrels" for vaping dry herb, oil/extract, or shatter. The very best vaping units allow you to adjust the temperature at which the material vapes, which effects everything from the exact high feeling (cerebral versus physical), to the number of vapes you get from a gram, to the smokiness of the result (as you approach the burning point, you get more of a smoky effect).

Another indication of age: the youngest vape, the millennials use bongs, early boomers use glass pipes, and old boomers smoke joints.
It's actually been a very long time since I've known people my age to use a bong, most that I know vape if they use. I think use has dropped down in general though, it's been a long time since I was at a party with recreational drugs beyond alcohol. The people I associate with probably doesn't give a great representation of my age group in general, but still I think bong use has been switched by a significant number.

Back